Download Event Flier here.
At this week’s MSCFF Presidents Meeting the floor voted to proceed with the MISSOURI PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS plates. Below is a mockup of the plates and the steps for a person to obtain the Missouri Professional Firefighter plates. This applies to any applicant after the plates go into production.
- To be eligible to apply for the plates you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- You are currently a member of the IAFF in good standing
- You are an Active Retiree of the IAFF
- You are a former member of the IAFF who has left in Good Standing (this would include former members who have Retired from or Promoted out of the IAFF)
The applicant makes a $25 donation to the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters Community Action Fund. This donation goes to the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters and not to DOR.
Please mail a check or money order to –
MSCFF Action Fund
6320 Manchester Ave. Suite 42 c/o Sherwood Smith
Kansas City, MO 64133
- Upon receipt of your check, the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters will issue you a completed Emblem Use Authorization Statement (EUAS) to the applicant as proof of donation.
- The applicant will complete an Application for Missouri Personalized and Special License Plates (Form 1716PDF Document) (if you are not able to print form 1716, we will send one to you) listing their personalized license plate configuration(s).
- The plates will only be available in personalized configurations.
- “Professional Firefighter” will be added to the application once production begins. For the first 200 it will need to be noted in the “other” box.
- Applicant will submit the completed 1716 form along with the EUAS from the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters and a $15 specialty plate fee to any local license office or by mail to the central office in Jefferson City for processing.
- The $15 specialty plate fee is paid to DOR for cost of producing of the plate.
- After review of the personalized configuration by DOR the plate will be ordered for manufacturing.
- Upon completion plates will be mailed to the applicant’s local license office and notice will be mailed to the applicant by DOR.
- Applicant will visit the license office and register the plate to their vehicle and pay any applicable registration fees.
Brothers and Sisters, please remember that these license plates not only tell the story of your training and sacrifice, but you should also know that the $25.00 cost goes toward helping to advance the enhancement of safety issues and working conditions of Missouri’s First Responders while also helping us better serve the communities in which we live and work. Also, these plates are available for your immediate family members. And one last point, in most circumstances the cost of these plates may be tax deductible (please consult your tax preparer for details). If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call or text me 816.536.2662 or reply to this email.
Sherwood L. Smith
Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters
On Monday, March 6th Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) addressed the attendees at the International Association of Fire Fighters Legislative Conference. Senator McCaskill is very supportive of continuing to fund Fire Grants, Cancer Presumptive Laws and Collective Barganing Rights for Hours, Wages and Working Conditions.
During our visit to the US Capitol on Tuesday, March 7th, Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters President Sherwood Smith and IAFF Local 42 Secretary-Treasurer Tim Dupin visite with Senator McCaskill to discuss the IAFF Legislative Agenda for 2017 and ask for her support on the key issues that we are striving to continue to have funded for SAFER Grants, the FIRE ACT and more. For more on this please read the article that appeared in the Lee's Summit Tribune here.
An article was featured on February 26th in the Kansas City Star highlighting the increase in cancer related deaths in Firefighters across North America. Here in Missouri families are faced with fighting for workers' compensation benefits after their loved ones have died and the our government acknowledges are presumptively job related due to the exposure of carcinogens that firefighters are exposed to throughout their careers. Read the entire article here.
Wednesday December 20, 2017: Missouri Governor Eric Greitens and IAFF General President Harold Schaitberger made a landmark announcement in St. Louis, MO concerning First Responder Cancer Presumption. As we all know, cancer has taken a toll on our ranks as never before, and the International Association of Fire Fighters, the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters, and the Governor’s office have been working hand in hand to make sure our members and their families are protected as much as possible. We are encouraging our members and their families to look for further information from your MSCFF District Vice President as legislative action develops. Here is a video of this Press Conference. Please share this link with your co-workers, friends, and family.
What's New at MSCFF
The Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters is proud to introduce our newest communication tool; the UnionActive™ Mobile Application for Android, iOS Smartphones and Tablets.
This new technology works in concert with our website. All this is required to use the Mobile App is to be a registered user with the MSCFF website. We will soon provide all registered members a link to download the Mobile App via Google Play or iTunes Store thru our website Email system.
If you are not currently a registered member we would like to encourage you to visit our website and register. Once you have been approved you will have complete access to the latest information regarding Fire Fighter Issues within Missouri right in the palm of your hand. Please allow 24 to 48 hours to be approved once you have registered.
Once you download the Mobile App, you will log into the application with the same User Name and Password that you established to access the MSCFF website. From that point forward each time you launch the Mobile App you are already logged in and can access the Members Only Section of the website via the Mobile App.